Combining light and durable tubes with a full strength 840d Ballistic Nylon Floor and our innovative Late Rise Bow, the Caribou is the ultimate backcountry front end loader. At just 4lbs 12oz (5lbs with a Cargo Fly), the Caribou is also the lightest full sized packraft on the market. It’s the perfect packraft for bikerafting and big ultralight backcountry adventures.
For many years, the only way to carry your gear on large, multi-sport packraft adventures was either inside the boat on the floor, or mounted to the bow. However, in 2011, we changed the game completely when we invented the Cargo Fly internal gear storage system. This design not only kept your gear drier, it also dramatically increased handling and whitewater performance. However, it didn’t solve the problem of carrying large bulky items like bicycles, big game animals, and large packs on the bow.
So we designed the Caribou with the Late Rise Bow, that combines the stability and load carrying ability of a rockerless hull with the whitewater and wave performance of a rockered hull. Unlike anything else on the market, the Late Rise Bow still provides a rocker to shed waves and whitewater, but it moves the beginning of the rocker in front of the bow’s mounted load. The result is a broad stable platform for mounting bulky and heavy items like bicycles that carries them high and keeps them out of the water when paddling. And, the load remains balanced and stable on both water and land.
To keep the weight and bulk at an absolute minimum, while preserving our legendary durability, we utilized the same lightweight 210-denier high count nylon fabric as the Scout and the 840-denier floor featured in our other packrafts. The result is an ultralight, full-size bikeraft or ultralight hunting raft that rolls up small for stashing in a pack or on your handlebar roll. It’s also available with a Cargo Fly, for keeping bulky gear on the bow and loose gear inside and dry.
Note: Due to the specialized bags utilized by most bike-packers, Cargo Fly models do not include internal dry bags or internal attachments for clipping dry bags in place. However, internal dry bags can be purchased separately and used in the Caribou without the internal attachments.
- Manufacturing: Made to Order in Mancos, Colorado
- Shape: Classic with Late Rise Bow
- Tube Diameter: 11.7-inch
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: 4 bow strap plates, 2 stern grab loops, and 1 bow handle
- Seating: Classic Seat Bottom
- Cargo fly: Standard (Internal Dry Bags sold separately)
- Materials: Proprietary ultralight 210-denier high count nylon hull and 840-denier ballistic nylon floor (Made in USA). Additional fabric options available through the Custom Lab.
- Includes: Cargo Fly, Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit
- Recommended Gear: Aqua-Bound Whiskey, Manta Ray, or Werner Shuna paddles, Astral V-8 PFD
- California Proposition 65 Warning: Using the Aquaseal in the repair kit will expose you to toluene, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Cedar Green / Self Bailer Cargo Fly