The Meerkat 5 Speed is a 26 inch lightweight bike for kids ages 10-12, with an inseam of 25-29”. It fills a sweet spot for older grade schoolers and middle schoolers.
Built specifically for riders who are not quite ready for an adult-size bicycle, but have outgrown a 24 inch bike, the Meerkat is their ticket to adventure and independence.
The Meerkat is a kids all terrain bike that is fast, sleek and styled to appeal to the 10 to 12-year-old* in your life. The 26 inch wheels roll that much faster than 24’s and provide a solid platform for taller riders. The Sturmey Archer trigger shifter and 5 speed internally geared hub offer maintenance free, buttery smooth shifting for thousands of miles. The Meerkat 26 inch is a practical bike, comfortable in urban settings because it’s easy to lock up, has no derailleur to get bent in a bike rack and rolls smoothly over the most pothole filled route.
It’s just as capable on a weekend bikepacking trip, just add knobby tires up to 2.35” and and your Meerkat is ready to roll for days in the backcountry.
Fit + Sizing
- The Meerkat best fit for riders with an inseam of 25? to 29?.
- The Meerkat has a low bottom bracket height, which allows a rider with a 25? inseam to comfortably start out on the Meerkat.
- The seat tube angle on the Meerkat allows the bike fit to grow along with the rider.
- The seat moves up and back as you increase saddle height, so even a 5’ tall rider will fit the bike well.
- Frameset: Lightweight 1020 alloy steel suspension corrected frame & fork with disc brake compatible dropouts for singlespeed, internal geared hub or rear derailleur
- Headset: FSA sealed 1 1/8? headset
- Stem: 50mm alloy 1 1/8? w/ 25.4mm clamp
- Handle Bars: 600mm/24? wide, 22.2mm diameter handlebar with 15mm rise
- Grips: Cleary large grips
-Seat: Vegan leather saddle with 25.4mm x 300mm alloy seatpost
- Brakes: Tektro HD-291 junior disc brakes w/ 160mm front & 140mm rear rotors
- Shifter: Sturmey Archer DLC50 trigger shifter
- Cranks: 152mm alloy 3 piece cranks
- Chain Ring: 28 tooth
- Bottom Bracket: FSA sealed bearing
- Pedals: VP JR pedals 9/16?
- Chain: KMC Z610H
- Freewheel: 19 tooth w/ hub
- Wheels: Alloy front disc hub w/ Allen style QR, Sturmey Archer RX-RK5 5 speed internal gear hub with Alex tubeless ready rims and stainless spokes
- Tires: 26? x 1.9