AMPLIFIED FOREST SHAKER
The electrified Epocalypse is your tractor beam to the summit. This long travel overlander is prepped for the end of days, placing direct current between your heels to turn the steepest ascents into provocative dares.
Inspired by our beloved Wreckoning platform, the battery boosted Epocalypse rides above two 29” wheels with 166mm of rear travel and 170mm below the bars. Posture for this genre-fluid beast closely resembles that of the Wreckoning for a proper dance party deep in the trees. The geometry teeter totter is well balanced across the Evil family tree and the Epocalypse drops into a cozy branch alongside its gravity kin.
Epocalyptic lightning flows into a low-slung Shimano EP8 motor to kick out 85Nm of pedal assistance at full throttle, backed by the brand’s burly 630Wh battery for max laps. Spin it up and let the good times rip! The motor’s trail-hugging heft will dig those rubber lugs in deep for unshakable stability and traction.
The battery boosted Epocalypse rides above two 29" wheels with 166mm of rear travel and 170mm below the bars. Posture for this genre-fluid beast closely resembles that of our venerated Wreckoning rip machine, making for a proper dance party deep in the trees. Epocalyptic lightning flows into a low-slung Shimano EP8 motor to kick out 85Nm of pedal assistance at full throttle, backed by the brand's burly 630Wh battery for max laps. Adding electricity to your stable will morph rest days on the couch into trail parties with friends. We're confident your sofa won't mind.
- 85Nm OF MUSCLE: At the heart of the Epocalypse, a Shimano EP8 motor pumps up to 85Nm of torque into the pedals. This latest power source from Shimano is lighter, faster, smaller, smoother, and more efficient than the previous E8000.
- 630Wh Juicebox: 630Wh of integrated battery power nails the intersection where maximum riding range and minimum weight collide. How those watts are burned or conserved is entirely up to you.
- Pick Your Poison: An Evil-tuned EP8 motor offers two power profiles to rip with. For moto-minded go getters, Profile 1 cranks out maximum Epocalyptic watts. Riders with a little range anxiety will dig Profile 2, designed around more conservative power output so you can go the distance without the fear of unplanned camping.
- 10 Second Pit Stops: Our fully integrated battery design keeps the electric bits protected inside the downtube, while quick release access makes for ten second battery swaps through a covert slot in the downtube door. Faster pit stops means more laps.
- E-Tube Mobile App: Not finding those perfect settings for your style of riding? Download the Shimano E-Tube Project mobile app to dial in the support modes and torque settings for a truly custom experience.
- Evil Energy Bar: Evil has introduced a custom 35mm carbon bar with internal wire routing to clean up the cockpit and keep you focused on the fun stuff. The discreet Energy Bar is shaped with a 35mm rise, 5° upsweep, 8° backsweep and accommodates a 760-810mm width range.
- Wheelie Short Chainstays: The newly developed split-yoke design lets us maintain short 442mm chainstays, allowing riders to maneuver through impossibly technical climbs and easily pull up for manuals and trail hits. Pairing this with a wider main pivot and a unified one-piece rear triangle means increased stiffness and strength so you can flex on your riding partners instead of your bike.
- SuperBoost+ Stiffness: A wide 157mm dropout spacing allows us to get a broader, stiffer spoke pattern, and a wider swingarm so the added weight near the bottom bracket doesn’t turn the rear end into a pool noodle. This rear end design was driven to support tire clearance around a 29 x 2.6” tread, allowing you all the rubber you need to keep the wheels on the ground without sacrificing that playful rear end feel.
- Flip Chips: In the rare case you find yourself a little too over the bars, we’ve added our flip chip capability that Evil fans know and love. Flipping the chips lowers your bottom bracket and slackens the front end for a more aggressive stance without changing that signature DELTA leverage curve.
- Protect the Goods: More time on the bike means additional wear and tear. We’ve taken every step to develop a protective system to reinforce key areas of the bike that take a beating. A burly custom skid plate, integrated shuttle shield and stealthy rubber chainstay protection to keep your rig quiet while banging down track.