Why forge the first drop-bar full-suspension bike? Because Niner Bikes was founded in 2005 with a simple goal. Making riding on dirt a better experience, period. We’ve been pioneers in off road technology. First, it was the 29er wheel size. In 2008, it was our Constantly Varying Arc full suspension design. In 2013, it was the first RLT gravel bikes, purpose built for the demands of long days pedaling on rough surfaces.
Fourteen years later, the MCR 9 RDO is a natural extension of our original effort. When you ride one, you’ll see. More comfort, more confidence, more control, and more fun and freedom. By adapting high performance suspension for gravel, we believe the MCR 9 will allow gravel riders to pedal comfortably, powerfully, with more control and confidence over once-unthinkable surfaces. We’re proud to be the pioneers bringing full suspension to gravel bikes.
Nine things you need to know:
1. 50mm of stable yet supple CVA suspension with a refined curve for small bump performance and full travel.
2. Rear shock lockout with handlebar remote; fork lockout.
3. RDO carbon fiber main frame and rear triangle with forged, 1-piece linkages.
4. Integrated rear fender protects suspension components.
5. 11 fixed mounting points for frame bags, bottles, and more.
6. Removable front derailleur mount, for 2x and 1x chainring options.
7. Durable, long-lasting Enduro Max “Black Oxide” pivot bearings.
8. Clearance for 700x50c and 650b x 2.0 tires.
9. End-to-end, Full Sleeve internal cable guides including
dropper post routing and integrated frame protection.