All-Mountain Attitude, Race Bike Reflexes
The Trail 429 might well be the perfect category defying trail bike. Progressive geometry and super capable suspension give hard charging riders the tools they need to thrive in jumpy and steep terrain. 120mm of travel has never felt this plush or this composed. This very same super-refined dw-link suspension also delivers whip-crack pedal response and acceleration, aided and abetted by the strongest, lightest carbon fiber chassis we’ve ever developed. The sharp-end of the stick XC capability of this bike is eye-opening, on par with dedicated flyweight race bikes. This is a bike that you can shred with confidence everywhere from 24-hour race courses to untamed high alpine singletrack.
Evolution Of A Classic.
This latest iteration of the Trail 429 is a distillation of our constant quest for peak performance; we’ve broadened its capabilities without sacrificing its legendary sharpness. In order to achieve this, we slackened the head angle just enough, increased the reach, and introduced a flip-chip to allow fine tuning of the geometry toward either the rowdy or racy ends of the spectrum. These changes all enhance stability at speed while retaining excellent pedal hammering ergonomics. Through continued evolution of our proprietary Hollow Core carbon frame construction, we carved more than 300 grams from the chassis, achieving an XC-race frame weight with incredible all-mountain strength and stiffness.
In order to wring every drop of potential out of 120mm, we’ve reworked the already stellar dw-link suspension. A metric, trunnion mount shock and a more progressive linkage enables improved pedaling efficiency and more capability in big hits. The design provides a more bottomless feel and allows for a greater range of tunability. The Trail 429 combines rocketship pedaling performance with a plushness that genuinely feels like more travel than the numbers indicate. Is it possible for a bike to be both razor sharp and butter smooth? Yes. The Trail 429 is proof.
- Refined geometry exemplifies the pinnacle of modern race-to-trail performance
- New, more progressive dw-link® prioritizes pedaling efficiency yet still rewards riders with plush, controlled travel
- 120mm rear suspension travel featuring a vertically trunnion mounted high-volume air shock delivers unprecedented comfort and tunability
- Flip chip adjustability allows riders to tailor geometry for either spirited all-round handling or a more progressive and rowdy demeanor
- Hassle-free, full-length, internal cable routing with Pivot’s easy to service and ultra-quiet Pivot Cable Port System
- Fits riders between 4'10" and 6'7” with X-Small to X-Large size offerings
- Pivot’s full carbon frame feature size-specific ride tuning, leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot's proprietary hollow core molding technology to ensure that every rider from 4'11" to 6'7" has a bike that feels perfect and performs at the optimum level for their size
- Pivot Tool Dock system compatible with mounts under the top tube and integrated into the underside of the frame
|Fork||Fox Factory 34 29", FIT4 - 130mm|
|Headset||Pivot Precision Sealed Cartridge|
|Rear Shock||Fox Factory DPS|
|Rims/Wheels||DT Swiss XM1700 w/ DT Swiss 350 hub & 36t Star Ratchet 30mm - 29" 15x110 F/12x157 R|
|Tires||Maxxis Dissector 29" x 2.4" WT, TR, 3C, EXO, MAXXTERRA|
|Crankset||Race Face Æffect R 32t|
|Chain||Shimano CN-M8100 12-Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XTR M9100 SGS 12-Speed|
|Rear Cogs||Shimano XT M8100 10-51t|
|Shifters||Shimano XT M8100 ISPEC EV 12-Speed|
|Handlebars||Phoenix Team Low Rise Carbon - 780mm|
|Tape/Grips||Phoenix Factory Lock-On|
|Stem||Phoenix Team Enduro/Trail|
|Brakes||Shimano XT M8120 4-piston|
|Saddle||Phoenix WTB Volt Pro (Medium Width)|
|Seat Post||Fox Transfer Factory Series 100mm (XS), 125mm (SM), 150mm (MD) 175mm (LG) 200mm (XL)|
|Sizes||S / M / L / XL|
* Subject to change without notice.
The Fly By: Pivot Trail 429
Overview of Pivot Trail 429
|Pacific Blue / Small||00TLCV329AXTA--BLUSMDRPN||210000079730|
|Pacific Blue / Medium||00TLCV329AXTA--BLUMDDRPN||210000079731|
|Pacific Blue / Large||00TLCV329AXTA--BLULGDRPN||210000079732|
|Silver Metallic / Large||00TLCV329AXTA--SILLGDRPN||210000079736|
|Silver Metallic / X-Large||00TLCV329AXTA--SILXLDRPN||210000079737|