The Meerkat brings a healthy dose of fun for your 7 to 10-year-old rider. The Meerkat 24 comes stock with a Sturmey Archer 5 speed trigger shifter paired with a 5-speed internally geared Sturmey Archer hub. This combination equates to quick, efficient shifts without the worry of chain drops or being out of gear. Disc brakes? Yep! The Meerkat's sealed hydraulic disc brakes (front and rear) stop surely, regardless of the weather. When they're ready for longer hours in the saddle, the front and rear rack mounts make adding a basket or rear rack a cinch and usher in a world of bike-packing opportunity. To determine the best fit, Cleary suggests measuring your child's inseam and referencing their size chart.
- The Meerkat best fit for riders with an inseam of 22" to 26".
- The Meerkat has a low bottom bracket height, which allows a rider with a 22" inseam to comfortably start out on the Meerkat.
- The seat tube angle on the Meerkat allows the bike fit to grow along with the rider.
- The seat moves up and back as you increase saddle height, so even a 5' tall rider will fit the bike well.
|Lightweight 1020 alloy steel suspension corrected frame & fork with disc brake compatible dropouts for singlespeed, internal geared hub or rear derailleur
|Alex tubeless ready
|Alloy front disc hub w/Allen style QR, Sturmey Archer RX-RK5 5 speed internal gear hub
|24" x 1.9
|FSA sealed bearing
|152mm alloy 3 piece cranks
|Sturmey Archer DLC50 trigger shifter
|19 tooth w/hub
|Tektro HD-291 junior disc brakes w/160mm front & 140mm rear rotors
|600mm/24" wide, 22.2mm diameter handlebar with 15mm rise
|Cleary large grips
|50mm alloy 1 1/8" w/25.4mm clamp
|FSA sealed 1 1/8" headset
|25.4mm x 300mm alloy
|Vegan leather saddle
|VP JR pedals 9/16"
* Subject to change without notice.