The Link Wrench is an 8/9/10mm wrench & emergency master link opener. Laser cut in the USA from grade 5 titanium.The 8/10mm version provides a little more clearance around the 8mm end for accessing nuts with an obstruction behind them (a rack tube, raised edge etc.) If you don't have any 9mm nuts & bolts on your bike (9mm is more common on vintage components) then we suggest the 8/10mm version.
- No more fiddling with stubby multi-tool wrenches to access tight spaces between racks, fenders and bags.
- A lightweight (22g, 19g for the 8/10mm) alternative to carrying a steel wrench and master link pliers (~78g for the two).
- Common 8, 9, and 10mm sizes all on one tool.
- The Included 500lb dyneema cord from Samson Rope in Bellingham, WA makes it the lightest trailside master link opener around.
A note on Nuts n' Bolts:
- You may notice the fit on our wrench is slightly tighter than other wrenches, particularly if you use the wrench on quality in-house made hardware that is not undersized (Paul Component, Rene Herse etc.) However most mass produced nuts and bolt heads you're likely to encounter are slightly undersized. So, our wrenches are slightly undersized to give an optimum fit on the most common hardware. If you wish for a looser fit, you can take a flat file to the wrench flats and in a couple strokes, make the opening noticeably larger.
The Link Wrench